Thursday 24 April 2014

MUA Luxe velvet lip lacquer "Kooky" review

As soon as I heard about the MUA luxe velvet lip lacquers I knew I needed to try them. I have wanted to buy a Lime crime velvetine (£13.50) for years but never got round to it. So I thought MUAs lip lacquer may be a good dupe at a cheaper price (£3.00). 

Unfortunately at the moment these babies are pretty difficult to get your hands on. They were pretty much sold out on Superdrug’s website and I couldn’t see any sign of them in Newcastle’s store. So I was a bit miffed.

I was after “Reckless” but the only shade available on the website was “Kooky” which is a purple. No doubt about it, its straight out purple. I was a bit hesitant as I’ve bought a lot of purple hued lipsticks lately and they’re not the sort of lipsticks I get to wear often. I usually wear them on nights out, not during the day (Apart from MACs “rebel”)

I have to say I’m very happy with “Kooky”. The formula is interesting, a sort of thick cream texture that drys to a matte finish relatively quickly (similar to Collection 2000’s Cream puff lip cream but less moisturising). The colour is surprisingly wearable even though it’s definitely a dramatic statement lip, I feel like I’m channelling my inner Lorde. It seems to be pretty long lasting too. I applied it then a couple hours later had my tea and afterwards it looked pretty much the same, it only wore a bit on the very inside of my lip.


I am definitely purchasing more of these when they are back in stock and for £3 I can safely say they’re a bargain and I am very happy with my purchase!


Till next time,


Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment