Wednesday 26 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 palette review


I bought the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay a few days after it was released. (So a while ago now...sorry for the lack of blogging!) It retailed for £37.00 so it was a bit of a splurge for me! But for 12 eye shadows that means roughly £3 per eye shadow so I persuaded myself!
Strange,Dust,Burnout,Limit,Buzz,Trick,Nooner,Liar,Factory,Mugshot,Darkside,Blackheart.


I was super excited when I received this palette because it was the first Naked palette I'd ever bought. I swooned over it and fell in love at first sight. All the colours are beautiful.

Strange is so easy to use as an all over colour to blend harsh lines out with a fluffy brush or used more intensely as a highlight on the brow bone or inner corner.

Dust is absolutely gorgeous; a really sparkly but delicate colour, however I do have some issues trying to get it to stay on the lid. I find spraying my brush with "Urban Decay De-slick" helps a lot. (Or something like Fix + by Mac. The same goes for Buzz and Trick although they're slightly easier to work with.

I also really like Limit and Nooner for crease colours and find myself reaching for them very often.

The other colours such as Liar, Factory and Mugshot I haven't experimented with as much but are all lovely colours with great pigmentation. 

Darkside I really enjoy. It's a very different colour that you don't come across every day. Looks fantastic if you use it right but you have to be careful not to "muddy" your eyeshadows with it. 

Finally Blackheart I feel like many people say this is their favourite so it's a bit unoriginal but it really is something special. It's a deep black/purple with red/purple glitter in. It resembles "Beauty marked" by Mac in the pan. however I find it has MUCH better pay off in pigmentation and glitter than Macs equivalent (and I'm a huge lover of Mac). It is fantastic for a quick eyeshadow eyeliner with a kick of glitter.

Overall I am extremely pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend this palette to any one who is deliberating over it. 

till next time,
 Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment