Tuesday 1 May 2012

MAC "soft ochre" paint pot review

 Recently I purchased the MAC "Soft Ochre" paint pot.It's my first paint pot and the main reason for purchasing this was because of NikkieTutorials.
If any of you watch her Youtube videos you'll be well aware that almost all her looks begin with "so I'm going to take MACs paint pot in soft ochre". I love her videos to the stars and back so I thought I would purchase something that she loves and something that I should be able to use a lot.

 It's a very plain, wearable colour so I think it was a good paint pot to start out with. It's great at supplying a plain canvas for almost any eye make up. As with almost all MAC products I feel like the quality is worth the price. 
The product is a creamy consistency and applies pretty smoothly but once it has dried on the eyelid, it's there to stay. Which is what you want from a product like this. however it does mean you have to work quickly.
 I do worry about how long this product will last without drying out. But as it's MAC and paint pots are so highly regarded by most MAC users, I have faith. Taking precautions like screwing the lid on tightly and storing them upside down should help them to live on longer!

I love the packaging of paint pots. the typical  glass pots with the large black lids (like a larger version of MAC gel liners) and overall i'm sure this product will be a staple piece in my make up kit for years to come.



I will definitely be purchasing some more paint pots. I have my eye on "bare study" next.
The paint pots are priced at £14.50 for a 5g pot.

Till next time, 
Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment